Sunday, July 15, 2012

Matcha Bubble Tea and Korean Food

I love having a blender .  I've been using it mostly for soju cocktails and smoothies, today I decided to try making bubble tea!

Green Tea bubble tea with Green Tea tapioca, to be specific.
It looks YUMMMY right !? The nice thing was I used all pantry items for this.  I had a bag leftover of Starbucks Matcha powder that a friend gave me for my birthday and green tea tapioca.

I didn't really follow a recipe... I threw in a good handful of ice cubes, a few splashes of milk, a spoonful of non-dairy creamer to make it creamier and the matcha powder.  Keep in mind that the Starbucks matcha I used has added sweetener & vanilla bean flavor... so add some sugar to taste and a few drops of vanilla if you wish.

I added a packet of equal to save 50 calories haha... Then blend it up!

I also prepared a Korean-style dinner the other day.
I have a Zojirushi indoor grill that cooks meat  efficiently.  Almost too efficient.  I turn the heat off often while cooking because it heats up fast .
And here's a peek of a korean lunch I had last week at Da Rae Jung.  Dolsot Bibimbap is my favorite.  I love how the hot stone bowl cooks the rice and turns it into a crispy cake. (‘∀’●)


4 comments:

  1. I tried making something like the bubble tea.. Using the normal version of it! Turned out pretty good, but i guess using matcha powder is the best right~ It's so nice that you can cook korean food! Finding the real ingredients here is just too difficult.. So i prefer going to korean or chinese restaurants instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so convenient not to buy anything new for the bubble tea XD Usually fresh fruit is used. The tapioca was sitting in my cupboard for like 8 months already. LOL. Matcha powder is the absolute bestt but I'm always too lazy to bake with it. Blending it into drinks is the fastest way for me to consume it.

    I'm lucky to live in whats technically "Korea-town" in Chicago. Korean grocery stores here are dirt cheap so I can prepare recipes with ease. They also offer cheap Japanese ingredients. I use a lot of recipes from www.maangchi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have blender before but I didn't use it for anything fancy like this, now I want a blender again! It seems that you can do a lot of yummy things with it :<

    I want to taste Korean food so bad! But unfortunately almost all the good ingredients that you need to make the food are not available here where I live, so sad. I just want to visit Korea and eat to my heart's content xD (and Japan too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a strawberry oatmeal smoothie this morning with the blender! The sucky part was pouring the puréed slush out though, it got messy >_<

    Where do you live? I know some really great sites that list Korean and Japanese supermarkets around the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!